Thursday, November 18, 2010

Kid stuff

This last little bit has been full of a bunch of things that you normally associate with kids:

1) Non-stop questions:  I drag out of bed the other morning, and Carson is already dressed and waiting at the bar in the kitchen.  The first words out of his mouth are: "Hey dad, what's the temperature in the trash can?"
REALLY?  First thing in the morning?
I responded, "Bud, probably about the same temperature as in the room." - How else do you answer that?

actual size of nose goblin
2) Things up the nose: For the last couple of weeks, Avery has been waking us (mostly Angie) up in the middle of the night saying she has a stuffy nose and needs some nose drops.
Well, Monday night, Angie has her on the floor doing the drops and suction-nose thing, and notices SOMETHING up there.  We have no idea what it is, so we load up and head to the Pediatric ER, where we wait for two hours, see the doc, and watch him pull a nasty, slimy, stinky, piece of impacted tissue out of her nose!  I about chucked right there on the spot.  $75 please.



3) LICE:  Yep, sure 'nuff.  The NEXT day following the nose ordeal, we come home and get word that we will need to treat our entire family for lice.  Beautiful.  And, in addition, we have to wash every linen in our house as well.  Even beautiful-er.  $37.56 at Walgreens.
Figured the best way to handle it was to have some fun with it, so here is a pic of our Family Lice Removal Fun Night:
"I scream, you scream, we all scream for LICE CREAM!"

That's it for now.  I'm sure I'll step on a lego or something before the day is over.  I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. That wins for nastiest blog post ever!!!! My gag reflex thanks you!!! And I love your gorgeous family despite all their germs, insects and decomposing-bodily-inserted garbage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i swear every time I talk to you or Angie, I feel so at ease with its not just me and my twisted life! From potty training a child that refuses to the most intensly rediculous questions that come from little boys,im right there with ya.Except my morning consists of my three year old caleb snuggling nose to nose at 5 a.m.,EVERY mornin,hollering"MOMMA...make me bekfis!!for those unfamiliar with "caleb-isms" bekfis means breakfast. Again...REALLY?this early?Oh and the lice thing...next time(hopefullythere wont be one,but..)call me.I have a remedy for all things to do with hair.Its kinda my specialty,lol.And my remedy wld have cost $3.50,not$40.00.Silly people!c ya"ll soon!!

    ReplyDelete